Thursday, November 17, 2005

Winter finally finds us....

More Mississippi Trivia

8. Lawrence "Rabbit" Kennedy, of Amory, was the most decorated soldier in the U.S. Army.

9. Oxford is home of John Grisham, author of THE FIRM, PELICAN BRIEF, THE CLIENT, and A TIME TO KILL.

10. General Frank Gregory, of Shelby, is one of the principal developers of the helicopter.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It's finally cooolllldddd here. It was 33 degrees (F) last night, during the night. Tonight it is supposed to be even colder. This is our winter and will most likely last three or four days. Then, it will get up into the low to mid 70s through February.

Last year I was in Michigan. I loved the snow....as long as I was inside in front of the fire, watching the snow through the window. I did go out and have a snowball fight or two. And, I sort of helped with a snowman. But, when it was deep enough for a snow fort, I told them they were on their own. Another thing I found out, snow changes the look of places enough that some people (who have never had to deal with this much snow at one time) get lost trying to find their way back home. Down here, everything shuts down when it snows. And, our snow is like a hard frost up north.

Gumbo had his own tough time dealing with the snow. I think he still has nightmares. It is hard or a short dog when the snow is higher than his belly. Kind of takes the needing to pee to another level. I swear I could almost see Gumbo grit his teeth before he would jump off into the snow.

My rant for the day....PUBLIC RESTROOMS...is there any reason that these cannot be kept cleaner than they are? A, who is designing the stalls? I went to the newest movie theater last week. I went to the restroom and, since it is new, it was clean. Actually, surprisingly clean. Then, I went into a stall. I almost had to back in at an angle and the huge toiletpaper despenser was practically in my lap. And, I am not that fat, good grief. I know the aim is to get as many stalls as possible in the huge metroplex-type theaters, but for heaven's sake.

Almost as bad are the restrooms that have been modified to allow for handicap access. Before you start, I am all for handicapped-accessed everything. But, some places with three or four stalls will make one stall bigger, by moving the stall wall over. Which cuts into the space of the other stalls. So, not only are handicapped people discombobulated in the restrooms, so are everyone else. I think a grassroots protest should be started to force restroom owners and builders to THINK about the process that is happening in restrooms nationwide.

Next, we will start a movement for CLEAN restrooms.

3 comments:

Jo-Momma said...

OK, I always wonder why people pee and poop on the seat. Why the little "dingleberries" all over the floor (mom calls the little rolls of tp that) and don't people know how to work the little lever at the back. It's funny the times I find toilets aren't flushed is when someone's taken a big ole dump. Like some other person is responsible for taking care of their dung?
Oh in those bathrooms where they've modified they always move all the "walls" down, so you have one wall your one cheek is touching and the other side has all sorts of room. Oh and why don't all ladies restrooms have little trash cans on the floor or built into the walls? Don't they know women have stuff they need to throw away that you can exactly just hold onto until you get out of the stall.
They also need to get rid of those stupid air blowers. A friend of mine has another friend that changes the filters on those things and I won't use them anymore. He told me those filters are saturated with urine. That means that perhaps the first few people after the filter change are actually getting clean air blown on their hands, but after that you're blowing pee on your hands right after you just washed the pee off (don't know how but I always seem to dribble on myself (ok, tmi I know)).

God bless, Jo

Tis' Me said...

Jo......I forgot about the nice-nasty people who can't sit and pee, but who will not wipe the seat after themselves. I HATE that. I stopped using the blow dryers because I use a piece of paper towel to open the door.

And, that is what I meant about the stalls that have been modified.....they just move the walls down so you are squeezed so far over.

Jo-Momma said...

Yeah, my mom sent me a joke (or a story) one time about a lady that was going to the bathroom at a theater or something like that. I was about the pee my pants from laughing by the time I finished it because my Grandmother is just like that and I imagined her as the person that was doing it (I don't think she goes in public and certainly wouldn't leave a dirty seat). I wish I could get that story again and print it out for Grandmother, she'd laugh. Like the format now on your blog.
God bless, Jo