Monday, November 28, 2005

Shopping????

There is no way I will go out and fight the crowds for Christmas presents, just no way. I stay at home on 'Black Friday' and even today I did not order anything online. Today is the biggest online shopping day of the year. But, I ordered everthing I am going to order last week, so today I was just going to piddle around the house and read and watch old movies. But, my back and left shoulder have decided to make my life miserable. I have been taking aspirin for the pain, but today it was not working. My friend gave me ( I know) a couple of pain pills she had...something with codine. Now, I don't want anyone to think that I routinely take meds that are not mine or that I am some sort of abuser, but I was hurting. So, I had her rub some Emu cream over my back and shoulder, took two pills and lay on the couch with the heating pad. It took about an hour but the pain finally went away. I am getting to the point of almost deciding to go to the doc. At least I will have my own meds to take. I might even try to chiropractor, he did help me a couple of years ago. Anyway, this is the reason I have not been writing as much as I want to.

I have been reading though. And, listening to some books on CDs while I waller in bed trying to find a comfortable way to lay so my shoulder will stop hurting. Ya'll tired of my whineing yet? I am if ya'll aren't.

Good news is that I may, just may,be back home this week. My son almost has his place ready to move into and, I am going to make him start paying the house note again in December. That might make him hurry up and move.

Reese Thomas actually sat in Santa's lap last Friday (my daughter is like me and would rather not go out on the busy days, but she went with her husband to the mall) Mike, my daughter, told me that Reese saw Santa and took off running to get to him. He is twenty months old and has no idea about Santa or Christmas. But, she said he tried to push past two other kids. Then, when it was his turn, he sat in Santas lap with a big smile on his face. This is the kid who does not want anyone touching him or talking to him if he does not know them. And, he has yet to go to see his pediatrician without crying. I will get the pic of him on cd and post it for ya'll to see how sweet he is.

My other two grandsons are in Michigan and I have not seen them since last June. I was going to go back for this school year, but Katrina changed my plans. I hope to go back after Christmas and spend the rest of the school year with them, then bring them back here for the summer.

I love this time of year because of all the old movies and cartoons that we have watched for years. Like, 'It's A Wonderful Life', 'Scrooge' and the Grinch and the Wizard of Oz. I think that is really the best thing about the season, that and getting all the family together. This year all my kids will be in one place again.

Ok, enough rambling about nothings....and to all the Scrooges out there I say...Bah! Humbug! to you and your doom and gloom.

No comments: