Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bits and pieces

Mississippi Trivia

1. The event which led to the creation of the TEDDY BEAR occurred near Onward, in 1901, when President Theodore Roosevelt, acting upon the suggestion of some friends, visited the state on a hunt for wild game. A bear was located by a member of the hunting party and was held for the President's pleasure. The bear was exhausted and possibly lame, some claim it was a mere cub. In any case, Roosevelt refused to shoot the helpless bear because he found it unsporting. News of the President's refusal to shoot the bear spread far and wide. Soon after, Morris Michtom, a New York merchant, made toy history when he created a stuffed toy bear and labeled it "TEDDY'S BEAR." Mr. Michtom placed the bear in his candy store to draw attention. His success was so great that it led to the formation of the Ideal Toy Corporation in 1903. The TEDDY BEAR remains today a favorite toy for children everywhere.


Bet you didn't know that didya? I have decided to start adding litte trivia items here. Not always about Mississippi, but for awile I will. Mississippi has a bad reputation.....one we deserved........but now I think that people need to see another side of us. We have come a long way. You know, if Morgan Fairchild, a man who can live anywhere he wants to, and who chooses to live here, then we are doing something right. We aren't perfect by any means, but we are better than we were in the fifties and earlier.

I still cannot get my 'links' to work. I have read the directions and followed them, but, nothing. I will keep trying because there are some good blogs out there that I want to link to,


Ya'll, take a look at my shop at cafepress....I am proud of the things that I am selling and I think you will like them too.

No comments: