Thursday, November 17, 2005

More nothings.......

It's funny how we can be lead to believe something. Take the Wicked Witch of the West, in the Wizard of Oz. We grew up thinking of her as someone completely mean and hateful. But, take another look at it. First, before she went of Oz and was just Elvira Gulch, Toto BIT her. She did not do anything to that dog first. And, then after she is in Oz, the house lands on HER sister and kills her and then, her Ruby Slippers are stolen and given to Dorothy. Where is the fairness of this? Everything she did afterwards was justifiable. Absolutely. But, then that is the media slant isn't it? Just like today's media.

Oh well, that is it for my tirade tonight. It is getting cold here, finally, and my feet are too cold for me to think straight. Hey, that's as good an excuse as anything. Besides, I really do need to get to bed. I have to take Gumbo to have his nails clipped tomorrow. And, I do need to get somemore books. I am down to two. One is my bathroom book and the other is one I read in bed. The bathroom book changes weekly. It is just a plain ole book that I only read in the bathroom. Sometimes it might be one that Ihave already read, but usually it is a new one. I remember reading Sanctuary years ago over and over again in my bathroom. It is such a good book.

So, sweet dreams everyone.

2 comments:

Jo-Momma said...

Funny you say the bathroom book. When I first went to see my niece right after she was born, the place we stayed had a book in the bathroom (on the back of the toilet of course). It was called something like "The ultimate bathroom book" and had short stories and parts of books (or summaries). Thought you might want to read that one, lol.
God bless, Jo

Tis' Me said...

Hey Jo, not only have I read that, I have it.