Tuesday, November 22, 2005

And,,,,

More Mississippi Trivia

14. S.B. "Sam" Vick of Oakland, played for the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox. He was the only man ever to pinch hit for baseball great Babe Ruth.

15. Blazon-Flexible Flyer, Inc., in West Point, is proclaimed to make the very best snow sled in the U.S., which has become an American tradition. It is of course called THE FLEXIBLE FLYER.

CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI

16. The world's first human lung transplant was performed at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, in 1963. The world's first heart transplant was performed at the Center the following year.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Well, I got caught up in the xbox madness.........Bill Gates is a marketing fool, whatever else he in.......even though I never thought I would be. My son-in-law does not have computer access just now so my daughter called me last night to order one from Sears. So, I was online, with my mouse finger ready at mdnight. Went to the xbox section on the Sears site and.................nothing. My son-in-law called the online help line and got this.....'Welcome to the Sears online store...xbox are on sale now, just keep hitting your refresh button. Was there something else I could help you with?' Jamie had not said a word. So, it was back to hitting the refresh button. I stayed up until 3am, but never did make it to the site. This morning it is easy to get there, but, of course there is no more xboxes in stock.

Phil wants a gun for Christmas. His best friend is a hunter and has had a gun or been around guns for most of his life. Phil told me today that he has signed up for a gun safety course and wants to start hunting with his friend. I know the boy's father and know that he taught his son to be responsible, which he is. He is one of the few friends Phil has had since the sixth grade that I have consistently liked. But, if I do buy a gun, a hunting rifle, then I will have fresh worries. And, I know Phil is twenty and all that, but still. What to do, what to do.

I still have the weirdest thing going on with my left hand. It started back in February with my arm from my elbow down aching. I figured it was the way I used the keyboard so I changed the setup and added more support for my arm. Then, it started going numb, you know that sleepy foot feeling, all the way to the tip of the little finger. This spread to the next two fingers and stayed that way for weeks. Then it slowly started to fade away. Oh, and the aching stopped when the numbness started. Now, I get cramps in my left hand and the little finger still has a numb feeling. (My youngest daughter, Michael. told me that I better not be having a stroke cause she is not changing any diapers. ) And, of course, I have not seen a doctor. I hate going to a doctor, not because I am afraid of them, but because I feel like, if I am not seriously ill, then I am wasting their time. Of course, as much as the charge, they are not exactly wasting time. But, I think I will see how this goes.

Ok, the holidays always make me weird (er). So, there is no telling what I might write here in the next few days.

At least the grabbos have let me sleep at night. Gumbo has taken to 'burying' his bone under the bathroom rug, so it is becoming tricky to go in the middle of the night.

3 comments:

Jo-Momma said...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you get up in the middle of the night to go potty and "ouch" step on Gumbo's bone. ROFLMBOPIMP!
God bless, jo

Tis' Me said...

Jo Jo, so far I (he) has been lucky, I have managed to miss it. Now, he is trying to hide it next to the scales and the wall.

Claudia Barlow said...

Regarding the pain in your arm. Going down your hand. Ending up in your fingers.

You have been stressed, due to all these hurricanes, and it may just be a reaction to that. I have pain in my left arm with tingling, just like in my feet when they fall asleep, only this is constant. It can be the weather, I react to air pressure changes, and it also can be a result of how busy I am; I work every day, and put in many hours. My husband says I don't quit. So it is very possible that we are both workaholics, and will never change.

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.