Tuesday, November 15, 2005

More musings...I think I gave this blog the perfect title...

And, yet more Mississippi Trivia.....

5. William Faulkner, one of the literary giants of the twentieth century, was born in New Albany. His accomplishments include winning the Nobel prize for Literature, two Pulitzer Prizes and the National Book Award. He is considered to be the greatest writer of fiction during the first half of the 20th century. His novels include THE REIVERS, THE SOUND AND THE FURY, LIGHT IN AUGUST, and ABSALOM, ABSALOM! His home, Rowan Oak, is in Oxford, and is open to the public. At Rowan Oak, the visitor can view Faulkner's room where an outline for A FABLE, has been scribbled on the wall by the author's own hand.

6. Tupelo, is the birthplace of the "King of Rock and Roll," Elvis Presley. Here can be visited the Elvis Presley Museum, Chapel and the two-room, "shot-gun" style house where he was born.

7. The world's oldest Holiday Inn is located in Clarksdale.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If I were as smart as some of the other bloggers that I know, I could make some fancy-dancy page dividers of my own. As it is I will have to use the......whatchmacallit button.

Ok, I went to Stone Mt and could not overcome my fear of gondolas......well, it isn't the gondolas so much as the gondolas hanging from that little tee-ninesy cable 900 feet up. So, we walked up the whole 900+ feet to the top. It wasn't too bad. We were able to sit down on some conveniently placed boulders and rest every so often. Of course, my OCD kicked in big time and I had trouble looking at the horizon. And, had trouble letting my son get to far from me. He was so embarrassed. But we made it up and, more importantly, back down again.

One note of clarification. About making a decision to go to Utah was making me see grabbos......it isn't Utah, it is the stress of thinking about all the things that could possibly happen if I go. Things like, nuclear war, fire (there and here), armed men breaking into my house while I am gone or aliens taking my son........it is usually silly things that get me. I don't actually believe any of those things will happen, but, my OCD does not listen to reason. So, I will most likely go on the trip and enjoy the rock hunting as well as the scenery. Mainly because I will regret it if I don't go. I went to Alaska in the summer 1999 and for the most part, that was a good trip. Even though I had to think of all the things that could possibly go wrong so I could do preventive maintenance. The only thing that did happen and one I did not think of, was that the toilet in the back bathroom leaked and ruined the carpet in my bedroom and the hallway. And, my other dog, a shi tzu, got a hotspot and almost died. And, my oldest daughter decided that, yes indeed, she would marry Jackie...errr, Bob. I call him Jackie, short for jackass.

Goodnight and good luck. I will maybe one day think of something interesting to write about....but, don't hold me to it, ok? Maybe tomorrow I will tell you about my trip up to Oxford, Ms to visit Faulkner's house.

2 comments:

Jo-Momma said...

Couple comments, text is too large and you've added too many posts since I've been able to come look, lol. Can you make the border on the right side smaller so we can see more of the text (the important stuff) from your posts?
God bless, Jo

Tis' Me said...

Hey...I can make the text smaller. I keep forgeting that most people don't have my eyesight.....but, I can't do anything about the template. I don't know how to customize it. Sorry.

And, I did go a bit crazy with the postings, huh? It keeps me from writing my nano stuff, I guess.