Monday, August 08, 2005

Neurosis....

Man! I was writing a short story for a contest, forgot to save it and went to do something. Came back and it was gone. Apparently, one of my daughter's cats walked across the keyboard and deleted it. Oh well, I didn't like the way it was going anyway.

Things are looking better....and again, God is good!...Phil has the offer of a job doing research and other odd jobs with a local lawyer. This is something he has been wanting to do and it makes up for him not returning to Auburn this year......well, almost makes up for it. He is disappointed, but knows that he can finish college and then maybe do his masters at Auburn. He tells me that he is going to go back next year, and maybe he will.

I am telling you, this silly dog of mine is going bonkers. He has totally lost any self-respect, if he ever had any. I suspect that he would be asked to leave any dog union because of the way he reacts to the cats. He has resolved his potty issues, he goes when I take him outside with no problem. Now, he cowers when the cats look at him. He gives the dog look, the one where they look like they are trying to talk to you and if you had any sense you could understand him. When he finally makes it to the couch, Reese pats his head really hard and sometimes Gumbo gives me his wet-eyed crying look. Bless his heart. He will love it when we get back to Michigan.

Speaking of Michigan, I plan to lay down some rules as soon as I get there. Rules for who comes over and when. Each child who does not live at that house will have to go home from school before they come over and they also have to CALL first to see if it is ok for them to be there that day. And, they will have to be gone by 7:30pm. And, I want all their phone numbers and addresses. They thought I was mean last winter, they ain't seen nothing yet.

No comments: