Thursday, August 04, 2005

Another day in paradise...

Life was supposed to be a lot simpler when my last child graduated from highschool. Well, it hasn't. It isn't so bad that I cannot deal with it, it is just that different things keep popping up that I need to deal with. Now, it is getting my youngest settled into college, putting my van in the shop so it will make yet another trip to Michigan and now Gumbo is getting neurotic.

You would think that a dog would be happy where ever he is as long as he has food, water and a warm place to sleep. But, no, Gumbo absolutely freaked out at my friend Leslie's house. He did not want to go out into the back yard even during the day. I think it is because the backyard there has a lot of flowers and shrubs and trees, and untold numbers of critters. Gumbo got spooked the night after the hurricane scare and after that he would only go out front. The last night we were there, he walked out onto the patio with me and then just absolutely freaked out. Gumbo is not a barker. But, Tuesday night he was screaming the barks. I got his attention and brought him inside and he calmed down after about twenty minutes or so. He is such a silly twit.

Twit. I like that word. And, despite what the mensa guy said, it is not a vulgar name for a part of the female anatomy. Some people are too smart for words.

My shop is going good. I will be adding more designs soon and other products. This is so much fun. I am tickled to death that people tell me what a good artist Wayne...ok DON...was. And, he was.

No comments: