Saturday, August 06, 2005

God is good indeed

Well, all I need to say is, God is good. Yesterday I did not believe that all of these things would be resolved so easily. But, they have been. Phil is set for school and everything else has fallen into place.

Reese Thomas (will not put his last name here) is seventeen months old, weighs 27 lbs and 1/4 oz and is 33 in tall. He is so smart too. He can say about twenty-five words and understands so many more. Tonight he brought over one of his books and sat in my lap for a while and we 'read' it. Then, we went around in circles for a bit....he did a bit longer than I did. Today, my daughter and I took him to the park. He climbed up the big slide and slide down it on his stomach. I held him so that he would slide down sitting on his bum and he loved that. He went down once a little too fast and slid off the end of the sliding board and hit the ground. He was scared for a little while, but he got up and climbed back up and slid down again.

I talked to my boys is Michigan late tonight. Ryan, the youngest, called me to ask how to spell boulevard. He is writing something. He told me that he has grown two inches. He is short and stocky, but is almost twelve and will be going through the growth spurts. Nick, the oldest, sounds so grown up! His voice has gotten so deep. Ryan said that he grew ten inches. I don't think he did but he is taller than his mother now. And, he is just thirteen.

Nick spent this past week with his grandfather on his father's side. Granpa Dutch bought Nick a set of golf clubs and you would think Nick had gotten a million dollars with they way he talked about them. The two of them played golf several times this week and Dutch has entered them in a Grandfather/grandson match for September. Nick is floating he is so excited.

I am looking forward to seeing Nick and Ryan again, but then that means I won't be seeing Reese. I am trying hard to get my older daughter home. She wants to and I think that after she finishes school, she will. My youngest daughter's husband will be able to help her get a job as a legal assistant, maybe even in his firm.

God is so good.

No comments: