Wednesday, June 15, 2005

This and that......




I never in my life thought that Mike Tyson would ever say anything that would make me say……..well, yeah. He said, after sitting down on his last fight…..’You get smart too late and old too fast.’

One night last week I was listening to a discussion in a chatroom about the Doctrines of Grace. I have been studying this for a couple of years now, and was having difficulty accepting a couple of them. Then someone said, ‘if you believe the depravity of man, all the others fall into place.’ I have heard this before, but that night I really heard it. Suddenly, it did all fall into place. I am not saying that I could argue the points with someone who does not accept them, but that is ok. It is enough for me that the DOC are clear to me.

My friend is busy packing for her move to her new house at the end of the month. She has packed away the TV and dvd player and will not allow Paltalk on her computer, so I am reading a lot. Just now she came in and said… ‘this is what you want’…and brought up America Free TV Classics http://beelinetv.com/. So, now I am listening to “A Farewell To Arms’ starring Gary Cooper while I write. I just looked over the list of channels to watch and see several from the UK. This is so neat!

A friend asked me to change the colors of my blog because the red on black was hurting her eyes. I changed the background, but for some reason cannot change the red text on the old entries. But, from here on I will use dark blue as a text color. I also am going to learn how to add pictures. I know everyone is anxious to see Gumbo.

A friend of mine has just volunteered to be a ‘model’ for a young girl who is learning to do permanent cosmetics. Why does this sound scary????? I am waiting to see how it turns out. Not to have it done myself, but to see how it looks and how much I can tease my friend. I am a firm believer that laughter heals everything. It has in my life and to paraphrase Jimmy Buffett says, ‘if we didn’t laugh, we would all go insane.’

Speaking of Jimmy Buffett, I have been a Parrothead since before there were Parottheads. I used to tell people about him and then have to explain who he was. Now of course practically everyone knows him and his music. I enjoy his music for several reasons. One is that I like the way he puts words together to create images……..word pictures someone has called them. And, I like the way he sings and just the way he smiles. His smile is like……..come on ya’ll, life is meant to be fun and we need to get over ourselves and have fun.

My brother Wayne had a smile like that. He had the sort of personality that just made you want to be with him. He could laugh at himself too. I miss him so much.

No comments: