Sunday, June 12, 2005

Blessed indeed......

Well, I was going to post something completely different, then something happened yesterday that changed that.

A little background here. My friend Leslie was born with a form of intersex and did not find this out till she was almost 50. (it's all there in her diary) She entered therapy and after two years made the decision to have sexual reassignment surgery. My friend did not do this frivolously. She did not do this for any reason other than she had been born with this condition.

Some people think it is wrong for me to continue to be her friend. I understand that if my friend were a professing Christian and also wanted to live the lifestyle she does, then I should leave her to Christ. But, she isn't. My friend is an atheist, that bothers me more than her lifestyle. I do not share her lifestyle. I do not join in the games. What I do is let her know through my actions that Christ is real.

My friend, as an atheist, acts more Christlike than a lot of 'Christians' I have come into contact with. Especially, the online variety.

These people who have decided to try to make my life miserable, have stepped up their silliness. Yesterday evening they came into a room I was in on a chat program and started in. One posted the link to my friend's online diary. I had already placed one on ignore, and was not paying attention to text chat. I was in PMs with an old friend from the UK. Anyway, the people in the room became upset with them and took their typing abilities away. I PMed another friend and asked what had happened and she told me.

Another thing these fake 'Christians' have done, is to read things that I have written and then made screen names on the chat program and come sit in rooms I am in. All the while telling people that they do not want to be in the same room with me. I suppose it is ok to point fingers at someone else. Maybe they think it keeps their sins hidden. That people won't see what they are doing. I know some things about a couple of them that shows they have no room to talk about someone else's sin.

I have to ask why these people are doing this? What do they hope to accomplish? To cause me to lose online friends? To make me stay away from them so they won't be tarnished by my evil presence? To protect others from me? What is the real reason they are doing these things?

They have made a screen name with my maiden name in it. A screen name with my first name in it. A screen name using my friend's name. A screen name using a word my family uses for bogeyman. Apparently they think this will somehow make me leave the chat program. It won't. I put them on ignore as soon as I realize who it is.

These people will read something that I have written, usually on my support board for exJws, decide (even though no one is named) that I was talking about them; huddle together and declare me guilty; then spend quite a bit of time telling people how evil I am.

So, let me say now...IF YOU READ SOMETHING I WRITE AND YOU THINK THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU, YOU NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF. Ok, now, that should do it. You are not the most important person in the world and people are not spending time talking about you.

Lately, I have seen how true friends are. This has made me treasure the friends who have stood by me and the new friends I have made during this. I have seen friends insulted for remaining my friend. They have been hurt and shunned (seems some people hang on to parts of the Jw practices). And, all this because they simply chose to not listen to these people. Or, they have listened and still remain friends with me.

I am blessed indeed.

No comments: