Thursday, June 23, 2005

More this and that

I am spending most of my time now spoiling my youngest grandson. He is absolutely the sweetest, cutest and of course, smartest baby you would ever want to see. I haven't much wanted to spend time on the computer, but I know that if I am going to continue writing I have to do it. I can't let myself start making excuses. So, I am going to do some writing exercises that have been suggested to me. Won't be posting the results here of course. This journal is enough of a silly mish mash as it is, so adding even more will just take up space.

I have been trying to write a sonnet, but I do not write poetry of any kind. Which is the reason that I am trying to write one. I might post that one here if I ever finish it.

My friend Leslie is moving into her new house next week and I will be helping her with the move. Actually, all I will be doing is making sure the movers don't throw the boxes marked fragile around. I will have my older son's two little girls with me, my son and his wife are going to Daytona for a few days. Once the move is over I will come back here to spoil Reese a little more.

Speaking of moving, my daughter and son-in-law will be moving to an apartment complex across the street from this one. Their landlord wants to sell this one and is holding one there for them. It is a two bedroom townhouse (so is this one) that has a little more room in it. And, the patio is bigger so that Reese can go outside there more.

And, still speaking of moving, my oldest son has decided that he wants to live in the country and has bought land about 15 miles up highway 49 from Gulfport. So, I will be moving back into my house there soon. My youngest daughter wants to move there too...she does not like Baton Rouge. Her and her husband both want to move back home, but he wants to stay here so they can save money for a house of their own. They can come live in my house as long as they want.....it has a huge backyard that will be perfect for Reese. I will talk to my son when I go home this weekend about the details.

I am making plans for my summer fossil hunting trip. I looking forward to getting off alone and just go where I feel or go down which ever road looks the most interesting. I will stop in north Mississippi to visit some relatives, but not for long. Most of the ones there are JWs and if I stay around them too long at any one time, they start with the....'time is getting short'....'we are so close to the end'....and worse.......'your daddy would want you to come back'. Usually I can get one good day with them before they start. And, I want to get more info on the family, so I will grit my teeth and visit. Don't get me wrong, I love them and pray that God draws them out of the JWs.

I am still amazed at how some people can become so obsessed with someone else, especially if it is only online. And, at the same time the obsessed person tells everyone,loudly, that they cannot stand whoever it is they are obsessed with. Odd. (Remember, I am not talking about YOU.)

No comments: