Friday, June 24, 2005

Just what we need.........

Once again we have an actor telling us how much we don't know about..........everything. Tom Cruise should concentrate on his acting and maybe get better at it, instead of telling us how Scientology is the saviour of mankind. He is not that good of an actor in my opinion. When you are watching a movie he is in, you see Tom Cruise playing someone. He is not good enough to remove himself from the character the way truly good actors can. I am always suspicious when an actor or singer.......any celebrity.......tries to tell us things. I do think using their celebrity to sway public opinion is wrong and a bit scary. Imagine what damage a well-liked celebrity could do. I do think most celebrities know this and use their celebrity status wisely.

````````````````````````````````

When I was around ten or eleven, I lived across the street from my elementary school. The city was building a new school behind the one that had been there for something like thirty years. I loved the old school building. It had character. My brother and I am two of our friends used to sneak into the old building and play. We would act out plays on the stage and run, sliding up and down the halls. We played around the new school too. In and out of it while it was being built. One day it was hot and cloudy and we decided to check out the new room that had just been finished on the side of the new school. We went in and shut the door. It was a small storage room....I suppose it was going to be used for storage. Anyway, it was pitch black in there and hot. The door was very thick. We sat there and told scary stories and then it got too hot to stay there. My brother pushed on the door but it was stuck. After several scary minutes we got the door open and ran home. I think about that sometimes. No one knew where we were. So, if we had not been able to open the door, it could have been several hours or even days before anyone found us. I especially think about it when I read things like this.........Today, the three New Jersey boys who had been missing were found in the trunk of a car, dead.

Things like this do make me ask why. Why were these three little boys not found in time and why were my brother and I able to get out of that room?

````````````````````````````````

I have an apology to make. A few months ago I wrote something about how some exJWs have trouble overcoming the Watchtower mindset. I still believe this, because I have seen it in members of my family and friends who were JWs. I have seen this mindset online. However, I do think the most vicious are that way because they want to be, it has nothing to do with their having been JWs. Most likely they acted this way even before they became JWs.

No comments: