Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Bits and pieces.........

It is just about time for me to head south again. I will leave Sunday and will get to New Orleans on Monday. I will be going by train and I love trains. I am planning a trip from Chicago to Seattle to San Diego to New Orleans. The only time I will be off the train is when I have layovers. And, if they are like the layover in Chicago, it will be fun. There is just enough time to take the shuttle around the city and if you are feeling brave, you can go the the Museum of Natural History. I was in Chicago for a week several years ago and was surprised at how friendly the people are.

I am really looking forward to my summer. I will be driving with a friend to Maine. We will stop along the way to search for fossils and just to take pictures. I am really looking forward to spending time on the coast of Maine looking for fossils there. If time permits I am going to try to talk my friend (she will be driving) to drive across New York into Canada.

In September I will come back to Michigan for another winter. Hopefully, my last winter here. I think I would like it better here if my daughter did not live so close to Detroit. Which reminds me...I am still totally blown away at the attitude of the majority of the parents of my grandsons' friends. The rule with us is, on school nights, anyone who does not live here has to be gone by 7:30pm. My grandsons have a 9pm bedtime. Some of the kids had a hard time with the 7:30 rule. One boy has an 8:30 curfew and a 9pm bedtime. When does he have any time with his parents? People have the attitude too that nothing will happen to their kids, even with the kidnappings and murders of children that have been in the news. Since I am the one here enforcing the 7:30 curfew while my daughter is at school, I am not the most popular person in the neighborhood.

Sometimes, actually, more often than not, Christians amaze me with their hypocrisy. Well, some Christians. I have some friends who are awesome, but then there are others who point fingers at other people, I think, to stop anyone from looking at them. It's as if they can hide their sins by exposing another's sins.

No comments: