Sunday, July 24, 2005

Venting, a bit...

Ok, this is a vent post, so you might want to skip it. I am so tired of hearing someone say…’I am a bible-believing Christian’…..can there be any such thing as an UN-bible believing Christian? Is that extra little description really needed? Or, is it an attempt by the person making the declaration to raise themselves a tad bit above everyone else? It seems to me that no matter who the person is who says it, it is said with a certain amount of arrogance and pride. Is it truly necessary to say that? This is fast becoming one of my pet peeves.

This is not a vent, but, is there a difference between socializing and fellowshipping? Can we fellowship with people we are not on the same page doctrinally with? If not, can we socialize with them. For instance, on Paltalk, if we are in a chatroom that someone has setup to talk about the price of tea in China and there are people in there who are non-christians is that socializing or fellowshipping. Maybe you can get my drift here. Don’t we as citizens of the world socialize daily with people we would not fellowship with? Then why is there such a commotion going on over this?

A dear friend came back onto Paltalk today and we had a good time talking and catching. She is one of the dearest people I know and someone I trust without hesitation. She has promised to come online more often again. I am glad because I miss her so.

No comments: