Friday, July 22, 2005

Happy Birthday Michael and Jamie

Today is my youngest daughter's birthday, and also her husband's. I think their love story is the sweetest thing. And, I believe it shows that they are truly meant for each other.

My daughter was working at a bookstore in the Mall, several years ago. She is a very pretty girl and is always getting hit own. Actually, an older man who worked in the store became obsessed with her and wrote a book of poems about her, told her God had told him that she was his next wife. I called the police when he sent her one dead rose after he saw her with her future husband. He was a little more subtle after that, but he did follow her around for awhile. He finally moved on to someone else.

My daughter is named Michael and her husband's name is Jamie, well James, but his father is also James so....Anyway, they met at the mall when he came into the bookstore. He was smitten but Michael is a shy, skeptical girl and just looked at him when he asked her out. She finally went out with him after maybe the third time he asked her. I knew immediately that she was in serious love. But, Jamie was still stuck on his high school sweetheart, who would never date him. He measured all others against her and they came up short. They dated for about six months, then broke up. Michael was very hurt.

Shortly after they broke up, I took Michael's phone line and used it as a dedicated line in to my computer. She was using the house phone mostly anyway.About three years passed, during which not one word was heard from Jamie and Michael started dating another kid. I really liked this kid, but he was not the right one for Michael.

Then, Michael and her sister Connie were out at the Mall shopping and ran across Jamie. He told her that he had tried to call her but she never answered the phone. He was happy to see her and they went out with friends a few times. For some reason all of Michael's friends liked to go to Ihop. So, after about three weeks, she was to meet Jamie and his paragon there for coffee late one night. Jamie was there when Michael got there so for about thirty minutes it was just the two of them. Jamie told me later that he was enjoying the chat, and when his paragon walked in he realized that he did not want anyone else there, just Michael. And, he was totally blown away when he realized that, because he had admired this other girl for such a long time.

A few days later, Michael called me at work to tell me that Jamie had lost his mind and was talking crazy. He was in grad school at Auburn in Alabama and was calling her almost daily. And, coming home as often as possible. She never told me what it was that he was saying, but I had an idea. And, I was also ready for him if he hurt her again. Jamie was telling her he loved her and that she should be with him. He also told his mother and when she said that Michael was with someone else, he told her that Michael should be with him.

So, Michael and Jamie got married. There were mix ups with their names, but not as bad as when their son was born and Jamie was listed as the mother.God bless them. And, happy birthday you two.

No comments: