Monday, July 25, 2005

Fruitful friends

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

I have a friend who I met on Paltalk shortly after I joined, back in 2000. She was very quiet, at first, and rarly talked on the mic, unless there were only a very few people in the room. Slowly, over the next few weeks she opened up more and more, and began sharing her story of life as JW and more importantly. life as an EXJW. It was and is obvious to all who know her that she exhibits the fruit of the spirit everyday in her walk. She has been ill for awhile, but still is an inspiration to all who know her. If she did not live so far away....in Australia....I would visit her as often as I could.

Another friend I met shortly afterwards. She is young, but is wise in the Lord. She struggles to live the way the Lord wants her to live and in sharing that with us, she blesses us.

I am more thankful than you will know, or I will ever be able to explain, that I have these two friends in my life. I have other friends who are dear to me, but these two have been there from the first and I have never, in all these years, had cause to doubt them. I trust them implicitly.

No comments: