Friday, October 14, 2005

Stuff

I have not been able to sign onto Paltalk for several weeks now. I was staying with my youngest daughter, but she was forced to move into a small one bedroom apartment. There is just not room enough for her, her husband, their baby boy and me to live comfortably there, so I am staying with my friend Leslie until I am able to move back into my house in Gulfport. Leslie does not want PT on her computer because she says that the last time I downloaded it to her computer it fried her hard drive. I have been able to visit the forums that I own and the ones that I subscribe to and it that way have kept up a bit with my friends from PT.

Something is happening. People are being hurt. Why? What is causing people who have been friends for years stop speaking? People who do not agree on each point of doctrine, but who liked and cared about each other until the last few months. Why? I don't know the arguments and don't want to know all the details. I see the result, and it ain't pretty. Can someone take a step backwards and look at the situation and try to see where it started to go wrong? I pray someone does. I will also be praying for all involved in this. God bless them.

To change the subject, I have told you about how my daughter's landlord called them the Thursday after Katrina hit and told them he was selling the townhouse they have rented for the past three years. He told them he was selling it to a friend's daughter who had lost her home in New Orleans. This put my daughter and son-in-law in an extremely difficult spot, because with all the refuges from New Orleans, available house and apartments are scarce in Baton Rouge. They were finally able to move into a small apartment that one of the associates at Jamie's law firm owns, but this is temporary. Yesterday, my daughter's friend, Laura, who lived next door the them at the townhouse called to tell them that her boyfriend had called the number on a for sale sign posted out by the road. No house number was given on the sign. Anyway, it turned out to be the number of the man who owned my daughter's apartment. Seems he was less than honest. And, he is asking way too much for the townhouse. Some people are just too greedy for words.

I am still waiting on the insurance adjuster to call me to set up an appointment. He left a message on September 26th saying he would be calling within the next few days to make an appointment to come over to look at the roof, etc. I have not heard another word from him. So, today I called the main office and they are trying to contact him. I wish he would hurry up and do something. I am going to keep calling till I get some results.

Life will never be back to pre-Katrina for us here, I don't believe. Highway 90 is out for probably months. That leaves one main road for everyone to drive east/west. Add the trash trucks to the mix and a quick trip to the store is out of the question. There is really no good time to drive it. I used to go shopping late at night because I hate crowds, but now everything is closed by 10pm.

Oh well

1 comment:

Jo-Momma said...

OK, first want to tell you it said I was a belly dancer, from India, who died buried alive. How they can get that from one whole question, I'm not sure.
Second, that landlord situation still makes me furious and I've never even talked to your daughter or anything. I hate it when people try to take advantage of bad circumstances. I still think he should be turned in for price gouging. He can claim all he wants that he had plans to do this before, etc, but if he had planned it before, why did he not DO it until after Katrina hit and made millions of people homeless (therefore looking for a home). I sure hope they can find something more permanent there for now.
God bless, Jo