Monday, October 31, 2005

Laughter and.........

Well, it has been a while since I posted anything. It isn't easy sometimes to do that, since I am borrowing my friend's computer and have to wait till she is done. I can't wait to get settled in my house. Funny, though. Two years ago I could not wait to be out of that house. I hated that house. I might still hate it, but at least it is mine and I can do what I want when I want.

I was looking over www.bored.com. Some of the games are fun, at least there is a variety so it is hard to get bored with it. I found the music video links and watched Johnny Cash's 'Hurt'. I can hardly watch that without crying. Bless his heart.

There is also a link there that let's people tell their most embarrassing moments. Some don't seem to be that embarrassing, but, I suppose if I was the one it was happening to, then that would be another story. One of the stories reminded me of something my son-in-law did. Back before he decided to go to law school, he worked for a chemical company that was based in New Orleans. Jamie (my s-in-l) has some weird habits. Like, he goes to the bathroom at 5pm everyday. He says that he has a 'window of poo' opportunity and if that passed then he waits till the next day. Well, this one day he did not feel good and went to the restroom. He went to the one on the first floor because not many people took the time to go to that one. Ok, so he goes into a stall and gets comfortable. A very short time later someone else comes into the restroom and goes into a stall next to Jamie's. Everything was quiet for a few minutes, when suddently the other guy says,'Hey,' Jamie was a bit startled but ignored him. The guy says hey again, then says,'How's things going?' Jamie, being the nice guy that he is does not want to hurt the other man's feelings, so he says, 'oh, I am ok. How about you?' The other man says,'How about getting together later?' Jamies by then is ready to just leave, but still, he is considerate and does not want the man thinking that he is being rude, say,'Well, I have plans with Mike (my daughter) later, but..........' Finally the other guy says, 'Hold on a sec.' Then tells Jamie that he is on his cell phone.

A friend of mine is really a typical male. He knows all and is the best at doing ANYTHING. Just ask him. Once he and I took my son Phil and some of Phil's friends over to see the USS Alabama. I had just gotten a new videorecorder and everyone wanted to be the one doing the video. Finally, my friend said that HE would do it, because HE had a lot of experience and knew what he was doing and that was that. He hung the camera to a belt loop and started off toward the gift shop. All the kids moped into the gift shop and muttered about it while I got the tickets. Meanwhile, my friend decided to use the restroom before crawling all over the humongeous ship. The day turned out to be a good one, except for the fact that it was hot and I was out of breath most of the time from going to the very bottom of the ship and then back to the top......the tip top, too. That night, we got comfortable in my living room with popcorn and cokes and put the tape in to relive the 'awesome' event. We were treated to shots of the parking lot, the gift shop floor (all this while listening again to my friend telling us how he KNEW what he was doing)the walk into the restroom and then my friend hanging the camera on the hook on the stall door.....and..well, let's just say that it the kids have yet to let my friend live this down.

Now, I suppose you all think that I am going to tell you something that I did that was embarrassing. Actually, I can't think of any. I mean, I did things that embarrassed me, but they don't seem so awful now. Like the time my mother, God love her, bought me a new outfit. I hated dresses. This one had an underskirt that was attached to the blouse. It was all satiny and shiney and see-through. I had the bright idea to wear JUST that to school one day. I can still see the look on my mother's face when I walked in from school that day. Not a pretty sight. Another time, and this really did embarrass me, I was at the Pix Theater with my brother Wayne. There was hardly anyone there. I went to the restroom and came back and flopped down next to Wayne. He sat up straight real quick and I was asking him what in heck was wrong with him when I saw him looking back over his seat at me. He laughed about that for years.

Well, this is not where I meant to go today, but heck, we all do dumb things at times and besides, I needed the laugh.



Oh, check this out.....
Well, I will have to post it in a separate post........here it comes.

No comments: