Saturday, September 02, 2006

TV anyone????

Well, I went to the doc's for labwork last Tuesday. My cholesterol is 208, it was 270. I was thrilled, but apparently the doc isn't so he wants me to take yet another med along with the Lipitor. Ah well. I think that if I had not just come back from that fifteen day trip, eating things I shouldn't have, the numbers might have been better. We'll see when I go back to be checked in November.

Being short of money, for various reasons, I have cancelled the premium channels on cable. Which means that now, instead of flipping through 140 channels, trying to find something to watch, I now flip through 60, trying to find something to watch. I do most of my TV watching or hunting,at night. Can someone tell me why there are three channels with Law and Order on? Is it really, truly that good? Then, there are the shows that are trying to get you to try (buy) their way of making a million a year or the makeup ones, or the natural health ones. I found one that seems to talk about excessive fecal matter all the time. They told the world (being facious there) that during John Wayne's autopsy, the doc found forty, FORTY pounds of old fecal matter! No wonder ole John walked like that.
Someone please, dear God I beg you, please put something good to watch on late night TV for us po' folks who need something to help us get in the mood to sleep.

3 comments:

Jo-Momma said...

Wow, sounds like you had a fun trip (a little too fun, according to your cholesterol, lol). Oh and there are things on at night, you just have to have the right channels. Do you have cable or satelite? I have DirectTv and we are getting the $50 package for $35 (nice deal) so I watch Discovery Health channel all night. Oh and I totally agree, why so many Law & Order showings????

God bless, Jo

Tis' Me said...

Hey Jo JO, how are the babies??? I have cable and until I get my finances straight, I will be stuck with this.

And, what is with TNT showing the same show for an entire weekend????? Good grief

Jo-Momma said...

LOL, talk about finances, I just started running them around this place and WHAT A MESS!! Very frustrating, but my preacher has promised to get me the help I need to wrangle it. Of course the first thing they see is satelite and say you don't need that. Hello, I work at night and have to try to sleep during the day with a 3.5 yr old. I NEED to have Nogin. The other little one is movin and groovin on my bladder quite a bit, lol. Will see again on Wed if it is definitely a girl. Ira now wants a boy, lol.

God bless, Jo