Sunday, September 03, 2006

Dear Lord, save me from fundies

I have been trying and trying to get that cafepress logo off my blog, but have had no luck. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know what to do. In detail.

I was having a great Saturday until my daughter called from Michigan and told me it was Sunday. Well, dang.

Then, I read a letter from a fundy on an email group that I belong to and that has set me to the boiling point. He is one of the type who thinks that any time a horrendous storm happens, then it is God's punishment on the evilness of man. I wrote back and asked him that why, if what he believes is true, the French Quarter was basically unharmed. Ya'll remember the French Quarter.....Mardi Gras, topless dancing, etc. And, I asked why Las Vegas is still sitting there with not one thing happening to it.

I also asked what sort of evil was going on when Betsy blew through and almost destroyed Grand Isle, La and the tornado in the 30's that nearly wiped out Tupelo, Ms and then went on to cause havoc in other states. What about the flood in the twenties that killed so many people in Tennessee and Kentucky. This led to the Tenn-Tom waterway. Maybe those ole boys were drinking or selling too much 'shine.

I am going to post part of his email PLEASE KNOW THAT I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS.....Some tragedies are judgments of God on the wicked. I understand that one of the cities that was hit the hardest was very wicked. Immorality, crime, murders and gambling was rampant. Maybe God allow this to judge them so others would take heed and repent and turn to Him. It is undeniable that America is turning farther away from God all the time. Many of these troubles could be God's warning that He will come in greater judgment on a wicked nation.

This man is the sort of pastor that I run from. On the one hand he acts like God speaks directly to him and then he runs from any questions.

I dare him to come down here to the Mississippi Coast and try to 'minister' to the people still living in tents, under bridges or doubled up with family.

I have seen people leave jobs and families to come down here to help. They open clinics and places where people could get hot meals....sandwiches do get old....they go door to door because they know that not all people can get to the rescue centers. I watched a group of kids with one adult supervising them, replace the roof on one of my neighbor's house. At no cost. The man just had to buy the shingles.

These are the people who impress me. The ones out living their faith, not sitting at home looking for the bad in people.

God Bless them the ones who put their faith in action.

No comments: