Friday, September 01, 2006

Bricks and ..........

My youngest daughter is spending some days with me while she goes to school. I watch her son who is two and also her Boston Terrier puppy. She stays for three days and then goes home.

A couple of nights ago, I went out to put the trash can by the street and saw a small piece of brick laying by the driveway. Now, this piece of brick has lain on the railroad ties that separates the flower bed from the rest of the grass, forEVER, or near 'bout. So, of course my first thought was that I had interrupted someone who was fixing to break a window and come into the house. I didn't say anything to my daughter because I didn't want her to worry.

Until today. She called and we were just talking about whatever when I decided to tell her about the brick. As soon as I mentioned it, she started laughing. Finally, she says, that she was the one who moved it. Seems her puppy needed to go outside and while Michael was waiting on her to finish she noticed the brick. HER first thought was that someone could use it to break in on us. So, she moved it to the side of the road.

We then decided that with two crazy people living here, we need some way to keep up, so we are going to put a dry erase board up and write down if either of us do anything silly during the night.

When I was out in Utah, I stayed with my friend Leslie's mother. Her house is huge. She has seven bedrooms and five bathrooms and lives alone. Her basement runs the entire length of the house and she put two apartments down there. I spent a lot of time down there, because the upstairs was full of strangers with their kids. One morning I walked up stairs....didn't turn the stair lights on so it felt like coming out of a cave. My friend was standing in the middle on a bagillion people and saw me coming up the stairs. She put her hand to her head and said, ' oh nooooo, this means we will have six more weeks of winter'.

Maybe you had to be there.

No comments: