Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Nothing much

I finally got in touch with StateFarm this evening and started that process. Have no idea how long it will take. I know that my house is not as damaged as most of the others in Gulfport. It is at least livable.

My youngest son, Phil, still has the flu and seems to be getting worse instead of better. Tonight the nausea started. It might have been the toast and jelly he ate, but anyway, he now has anti-nausea medicine to go along with all the other. He is aching and having chills and fever still. I am praying that this passes soon. I am praying that no one else here gets it, especially the baby.

Speaking of the baby, I gave him his first popsicle today. He is such a funny little thing and so independent that he does not like for anyone to feed him. I kept handing him the popsicle and he kept turning his head until I held his head still and rubbed the popsicle across his lips. He was pulling away for a bit, then stopped and looked at me and then reached out for the popsicle. Later, he was sitting on the floor, sharing it with Gumbo. This last tidbit we will not tell his father, but I figure it is good for him.

1 comment:

Jo-Momma said...

Ewwww, though I can see Ira sharing stuff with Patch and I'm sure that's worse. I can't believe he's a year and a half and just now getting his first popsicle. Hope Phil feels better!
God bless, Jo