Sunday, October 22, 2006

this and that

Well, it looks like I might have taken a longer waller time, but I have not either the time or the inclination to write here. I think it is the change in the weather. That and coming back from our trip to Utah and beyond. I saw so much beauty out there that I want to go back. I am trying to save for a car so I can take my grandsons with me. I don't think either of my daughters will let them go across town in a car that has almost 230,000 miles on it. It runs good though, which means that I will get another Nissan when the time is right.

Reese and I are getting things together to start making Christmas presents. Remember, he is the only Seymour boy carrying the line on down the road, so anything he makes will be kept for years.

First thing we are going to make will be bread dough angels and stars and Reese will be the painter and the glitter sprinkler. Then we are make 2 imprints of his hands and feet. The hands we will paint and glitter and put a pic of him on it. This will be for the tree. The foot impression I will have to work on a little bit to get it ready, I will put maw maw on one side and pawpaw on the other side, then fill it up with candy corn. It is going to be a candy dish, but only candy corn will be allowed in it

I have two crochet things to finish. These will be framed and hanged on the wall. I forget what the symbol is for, but, oh well.

Ok dudes, see you in a bit.

1 comment:

Jo-Momma said...

Hey, wondered where you disappeared to. Glad you are having fun with the youngest grandkid. I have yet to make anything for the tree with Ira. Talk about wallering, I hadn't crocheted or cross stitched since my step-dad passed away in Feb of 2005. That was something we shared and it just is too painful to think about doing that and not having him to share the joys and struggles with. I do need to pick up the needle and thread though so this next little one will have the same stuff (birth record, name plate) that her big sister got from me. I guess I'll be making her stuff on maternity leave though because I don't have the time or energy to tackle that stuff right now.

God bless, Jo