Friday, June 02, 2006

Sad Sad day in Mudville

Well, it's a sad sad day in Mudville. I went to the doctor yesterday. I knew my cholesterol was high but had no idea it was as high as it is, so I am seriously going to work at getting that down.

The sad thing is, I am borderline diabetic, which means no more cokes. A friend told me that she heard that two people had been laid off from thre coke plant in Atlanta and their kids kick out of school, since I am no longer supporting them.

Diet Barqs rootbeer seems ok........but there is nothing like the real thing.

I am going to take a couple of days to mourn and then hold a ceremony in the back yard, burying empty coke cans and pouring the coke over them as we sing.........I'd love to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony...........ah well....and end of an era.

2 comments:

Jo-Momma said...

OK, well if you're going from Coke to Barq's then your friend need not worry about the 2 people getting laid off and kids kicked out of school. Being a former Coca-Cola widow myself (they think they should be first above EVERYTHING) I know that Barq's is a coke product. You could also try DIET coke (they do make it) and then it wouldn't feel so much like you were giving up coke. They have so many flavors of coke anymore, but if you want the drink that tastes most like the original (the diet version, or so the ads claim) you will have to switch to dpsu products and go for Diet Dr. Pepper.

God bless, Jo

Tis' Me said...

Oh no, I have tried Dr Pepper, don't like it. I am drinking diet rootbeer and diet sprite.