Monday, June 12, 2006

i-glasses

So, I am getting used to the diet Barq's rootbeer. I love the real Barq's but my favorite is still the real thing, good ole Coke. But, I have been good and have not had one in over a week. One thing with this med I am taking is that it makes me not want to eat, so I have lost ten pounds this past week. I want to lose weight, but not so fast that all the skin is hanging and I would look like a human shar pei.

I haven't been posting here very much lately because I have been busy listing things for sell on ebay. See, my friend who does some silly things at times, decided about six years ago that she wanted to collect promo cartoon glasses. So, she now has about 200 of them. She asked me last week if I would list them for her. It seemed a good way to pass the time till the new Johnny Depp movie comes out, so I said yes. ( Did I say she sometimes did silly things? Well, she isn't the only one.) So, anyway, she brings out the eight, 8, EIGHT, boxes of glasses. each held 24 glasses and in some she had doubled up. So, I start. I get a glass, took a pic of it, then listed in on ebay. It was ok, but not going fast enough for me. So, I got the bright idea to take pics of them all and then crop them and save them....you know the drill. Well, this seemed a fine idea, until after I spent 2 and 1/2 hours doing it, I realized that I hadn't named or numbered the ones that are the same. So, it was back to getting a glass, taking the pic.........

So, now I have several glasses listed and several scheduled to start in a couple of days, and will also start listing again Wednesday. If anyone wants or collects these cartoon glasses, check out ebay under i-glasses, my name on ebay.

The meds are working good except that I have been have weird dreams. My two youngest kids are having a good laugh at me. Well, piddlesquat, I laugh at them too. Man, the stories I could tell about them. Like the time my son freaked out in haunted house in Virginia Beach, and the time my daughter, who's name is Michael, was signing up for a discount on some makeup at a department store. She told the salesperson her name and then was looking around, her mind obviously not in the store at the moment. The saleslady looked at her and, to check the spelling of her name, said...'Mic...." my daughter looked at her and said...'key'.....spelling Mickey Mouse. I died, right there. Poor kid. She got the name right finally and was redfaced until we left the store then we both had to sit down on one of the benches because we were laughing so hard we couldn't see where we were going. And, trust me, they are better and funnier stories.

I think that in a month or so I will publish my log of taking the cholesterol meds and the depression meds......the last I call the meds so I won't kill Phil (my youngest)

No comments: