Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My son Phil

I have to tell ya'll, I am so proud of my youngest son. He is doing so good, despite losing his father when he was nine. I did take him to a therapist for a few months after his father's death, and that may be one reason he is doing so good now.

He and I have had our disagreements, but Phil never did anything to seriously worry me. I remember worrying about that one night, till a friend of mine told me how silly I was being. The only thing he does now is smoke. I want him to stop and I am praying he will.

Phil is twenty now and in his second year of college. He gets good grades. He could do better, and I think he is this year. Last year was his first time to really be away from home and he did get a little silly. He won fifty dollars by drinking a gallon of milk at one sitting, something I am told can't be done without the person throwing up. Phil didn't throw up.

This year, between our finances and Katrina he has had to stay home and attend the local community college. He applied to Ole Miss last week, so he will be heading up there next year. He is leaning towards the law, but he is such a good writer that I suspect he may be a journalist. Maybe he will do both.

Today, a woman called me looking for Phil. She is a lawyer and Phil had applied to be a runner for the law firm she works for. I told her that he was at school right then, but I would have her call him. She then told me how impressed she had been with his resume. She said that I must really be proud, which I am and which led me to write this tonight.

Dennis would be proud of Phil.

3 comments:

Jo-Momma said...

I'm proud of the boy too!
God bless, Jo

Jo-Momma said...

hey, what happened to you....officially a month since your last post.
God bless, Jo

Tis' Me said...

Just busy jo. I have so much still to do, but am taking my time now that I have the house clean and livable.